My Ping in TotalPing.com

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Did You Know?

While I was at the Race for the Cure, I noticed there were very few men participating. Most think of breast cancer as a woman’s disease – the color of awareness after all is PINK! But we can’t forget that this cancer affects men too. I must admit that I have not met many men who have breast cancer, but I remember at my state pageant one of the judges’ husbands had fought breast cancer (and won!), and she thanked me for remembering that it is not just a woman’s disease. She asked me to make sure that I made it part of my mission as Miss Texas International to spread awareness about breast cancer in men. I promised her I would! And so I have continued that as Miss International as well. I was very happy to see this sign at The Race.


It says: Komen for the CURE in honor of ALL women & men.

Ashley Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment